With Just a Bit of Magic

has been moved to new address

http://www.withjustabitofmagic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

With Just a Bit of Magic: What blogging means to me & why I do it.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

What blogging means to me & why I do it.

It's that time of week again! That's right it's my post for Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop!

Mama's Losin' It

The topic that I chose was one that I've written about before, but it was in response to a post over at Mommy Wants Vodka about why I blog. So, I answered.

I thought about simply linking back to my old post for the workshop but thought I'd do a part two and elaborate upon it a bit more. Something short and sweet. This is it.

This weeks prompt....
Write about what blogging means to you. Why do you blog? What purpose does it serve you and how have you benefited from sharing a piece of yourself online this way?

I've been blogging since May of this year and have found that be successful at it you have to put forth a lot of work. Probably a lot more than I thought and I'm working on how to balance building a successful blog, working full time, and being a mom. I won't lie, it's damn hard. Really hard.

I like blogging. I like meeting new people even if they're only online friends for now. I like knowing that I'm not the only one in this crazy place called motherhood. I like that most everyone out there is similar to me in many ways. I like that I have a hobby that I can do whenever, where ever, and it doesn't require a costly trip to JoAnn's for scrapbooking or sewing supplies!

I know that there is so much to learn about blogging, SEO, increasing readership/followers, coding, and simple maintenance of my blog. And I know that with time I'll get it! And with the great circle of bloggers out there I have found an endless supply of help that I appreciate!

One thing that I do like is that my kids read my blog. They follow me too! The often ask, 'have you updated your blog recently?' and then they go off to read it! Great kids, huh!

The husband follows me too.... just not sure if he actually reads it though!

But at the end of the day, when all is said and done I do it for me. I blog simply because I want to. It's for me to rant, rave, ramble, or just share a few thoughts. 

I hope that this answers the question.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home