With Just a Bit of Magic

has been moved to new address

http://www.withjustabitofmagic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

With Just a Bit of Magic: Complete & Total Blog Neglect

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Complete & Total Blog Neglect

I had such high hopes for the past couple of weeks... really I did! I even had a plan written out on what I was going to post each day. It was thought out and thorough. But something happened and I didn't even get half of them done.

And now my blog is so sad.  It knows that I've been neglecting it. And I'm pretty sure that this is no way to get new readers or even keep the handful that I have now! Geesh.

Okay, so I'm totally blaming my job, all the meetings that I have to attend, and the endless housework that I have at home (note to self - look into getting a maid). Oh, yea. Also sleep. I really like my rest and it seems to be playing a major part in how much free time I have each day.

So once again I will make a plan! And maybe instead of daily I aim for every other day or every two day. How does that sound?

Now, my question for all you moms out there who work, take care of a family, and blog is how do you manage it all? How do you keep up with everything and still manage to have simply amazing blogs?

Let's discuss this! Does anyone have the same issues that I do? If so, let's come up with a plan that will help us become better bloggers!


Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At August 31, 2010 at 2:27 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I need to make the same plan. My blogs aren't getting as many posts as I'd like and I've got to keep up. My new goal is at least two a week for both. I really hope I can do this though.

 
At August 31, 2010 at 2:56 PM , Anonymous Sandi said...

You know how we make commitments to others and keep them? That's how we have to commit to ourselves and our blogs. I had a total breakthrough in committing after reading Linchpin by Seth Godin.

 
At August 31, 2010 at 9:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

I aim for quality not quantity (in terms of how often I post). I try to respond to most of my comments. I try to visit the bloggers who visit me regularly. But it is hard. I have two young girls and they definitely don't always get my full attention. But I have to have some me time, and my blog is it! Thanks so much for coming to my place! I'm your newest follower!

 
At August 31, 2010 at 9:43 PM , Blogger Jackie said...

Thank you ladies! Those are some great ideas and I will definitely be working on implementing them!

 
At September 1, 2010 at 8:33 PM , Blogger Shawn said...

Hi Jackie - I blog when inspired. I am your newest follower from welcome weds.
Mr Monkey

 
At September 2, 2010 at 12:16 PM , Blogger Rosa B. said...

Jackie, I know exactly what you mean! :) I always start out a new month with big plans and then find myself at the end of the month with only a handful of posts! I have used the posting feature that allows you to create several posts at once, then assign them to be posted on a specific date. That's been helpful! While I love blogging, I do have to remember that my family always comes first! ;)
~Rosa

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home