With Just a Bit of Magic

has been moved to new address

http://www.withjustabitofmagic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

With Just a Bit of Magic: The Breakfast Club - a memorable movie

Thursday, September 9, 2010

The Breakfast Club - a memorable movie

The Breakfast ClubImage via WikipediaThe prompt from Mama Kat's Writer's Workshop that I has to write on last minute is.... What was it about that movie? Describe A movie you once had memorized.

Yeah, I know. It's late in the day but I had to do it. I love movies. And more importantly I love the John Hughes movies from the 80's.

"They were five total strangers, with nothing in common, meeting for the first time. A brain, a beauty, a jock, a rebel and a recluse. Before the day was over, they broke the rules. Bared their souls. And touched each other in a way they never dreamed possible."
 
So if you don't know The Breakfast Club is about 5 high school kids who get stuck in detention on a Saturday. These kids are as different as night and day but at the end of the day walk out knowing more about each other, understanding each others social group a bit more, and even friends.


I watch this movie any chance that I get no matter how far along the movie is! I think I may even own it (I know that I have Pretty in Pink & Sixteen Candles).



Some of my favorites scenes from The Breakfast Club are when they're all running around the library dancing, sneaking through the hallways avoiding Vernon, Allison putting cereal and Pixie Stix on her sandwich, Brian reading the essay that he had written for all of them, Allison's transformation, and of course the end where they all walk out together.



If you haven't seen it go out and rent it now! Along with all the other iconic movies from the 80's by John Hughes. They are amazing!










Mama's Losin' It

Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At September 9, 2010 at 8:00 PM , Blogger Liz said...

Frankly, I like John Hughes is just the bomb! TOO many great classic 80's flicks from him!

 
At September 9, 2010 at 8:33 PM , Blogger Jackie said...

I love them! Even my kids do now too!

 
At September 9, 2010 at 8:44 PM , Blogger Dawn K. said...

I picked the same movie for my prompt this week! Love John Hughes films (especially Some Kind of Wonderful) but BC was the best of the best! Visiting from Mama Kats!

Dawn
http://www.thewayiseethings.typepad.com

 
At September 9, 2010 at 9:58 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I finally watched this last summer in my 80s movie fest leading up to 'Back to the 80s: The Totally awesome Musical' and, while it was not at all what I was expecting, I really enjoyed it. There were several other cast members who came over to watch it with me and I'm pretty certain it was a hit with everyone :)

 
At September 9, 2010 at 11:22 PM , Blogger Sandra said...

Anything John Hugues. I just rented again, for the 100th time I'm sure, Pretty in Pink and Sixteen Candles. Remember this line: "Oh look George, she's gotten her boobies!"
"I can't believe my grandmother just felt me up!"...ok, I'm sure you don't want me to write the entire script...or do you? 'Cause I could!

 
At September 10, 2010 at 10:26 AM , Blogger Jackie said...

LOL! You could quote it all but I think it'd take up a lot of space!

 
At September 13, 2010 at 12:48 AM , Blogger emmy's closet said...

Hi! Following you back from Buzz on by Thursday! Thanks for joining us! I look forward to your posts!

:) Sara

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home