With Just a Bit of Magic

has been moved to new address

http://www.withjustabitofmagic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

With Just a Bit of Magic: Why I blog! Because I work full time...have 4 kids... and still have some sanity.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Why I blog! Because I work full time...have 4 kids... and still have some sanity.

In reading one of my favorite blogs I stumbled upon Mommy Want's Vodka post about why she blogs and she asked why we blog so of course I had to answer. But only after thinking about it for a couple days.

I've really been trying to get better at this blog thing. It's hard. It's a lot of work. It takes a lot of time if you want to actually grow your blog into something. And is it worth it? I don't know yet since I've only been doing it since May.

I spent a lot of time reading blogs on various topics and pondered starting one of my own. And you know what got me hung up... a witty name. What in the hell was I going to call my blog? I mean without a cool name to catch your attention why read it? So I thought about for some time before finally settling on something. And that was the beginning of With Just a Bit of Magic. Is it the best choice? Eh... who knows. But I like it and that's all that really matters!

But why blog... well why not! I have a lot to say and a lot to share. It's a way to meet new people and so far that's been the best part! Connecting with other moms out there has been amazing and the only thing that could make it better is getting to actually meet them!

Like so many mommy bloggers I have kids (duh...). And to me they're entertaining and I need to share all the things that they do. I know you want to know what they do on a daily basis too! Because what else would you do! A side effect of that is that it's an easy way to keep family updated on things that are going on in my life.

I like blogging. Maybe because it's new, maybe not. But only time will tell I guess. Right now I just ramble on and on about things that aren't all that important or even interesting. But someday I'd like to have guest posts, host a giveaway, do a review or two but it's not the most important thing.

I will tell you all that I am a terrible writer. I am the queen of run on sentences and if it weren't for spell check this blog would be even more atrocious! I'm not all that witty. Things don't come to me that quick! It's always later I think, 'dammit! I could've said this... or that...' and of course it's to late then. And the worst part is sometimes things sound good in my head and on the blog it's not the same.... you can't hear my tone of voice and the sarcasm. Hope you get my odd sense of humor!!!

My guess is that it'll be hard to keep up with a post every other day or so. I mean I work full time and have 4 kids! geesh...  but sleep isn't that important is it?

I want to know why do you blog? How long have you been doing it and what keeps you doing it?

Labels:

10 Comments:

At August 20, 2010 at 9:39 AM , Anonymous Jessica said...

Blogging is my escape from toddler tantrums and a way to share my life with family members far away. Blogging gives me a sense of being connected with other parents since my days typically consist of wiping butts and noses all day long. :) It's also a great way to get things off my chest!

I agree, the best part is meeting other mom bloggers online and connecting with them on so many levels. BlogHer must have been neat, putting an actual face and personality to the people behind great blogs.

Keep up the great work!

 
At August 20, 2010 at 11:46 AM , Anonymous Barb said...

I love it because its my own creation and I can take as far as I like. It is A LOT of work but is also very gratifying. I also have met some fabulous moms, like you, and that is the icing on the cake!

 
At August 20, 2010 at 3:37 PM , Blogger Lynda said...

I've been blogging since I was 19, so for roughly 12 years. I do it because I like having an outlet and I've become used to getting feedback on my thoughts. I like writing, I like the technical aspect of maintaining a website, I like interacting with others who share similar interests.

Nice, thought-provoking post!

 
At August 20, 2010 at 4:12 PM , Blogger MrsDay said...

I blog because it's something that is just mine. To leave some kind of record that I was HERE. To hone my writing skills. To have something to do other than watch TV.

 
At August 20, 2010 at 4:13 PM , Blogger Ursula said...

Since 10 years I write a private journal daily, inspired by Julia Cameron.
Since 2006 I write a blot on yoga. It helps me to stay motivated and to practice daily. Firstly this was the only reason, then I liked the publicity and to get to know new people. Since 3 months I want to make money with my blog.
I love to write. When I write I do not bother people with my chats (this is half true, half funny meant).
Enjoy writing, this is the most important point.
Ursula

 
At August 20, 2010 at 4:56 PM , Anonymous multiplemama said...

I blog because:
1) it is an escape from toddler twins and a preschooler that I can work around my schedule, and does not require a babysitter.
2) Being heard and responded to saves my sanity.
3) I did not go to college to just do dishes and laundry.

 
At August 20, 2010 at 5:31 PM , Blogger Liz said...

what keeps me going are all the really great people i've met in the blogosphere! good luck! i bet you will figure it out!

 
At August 20, 2010 at 9:59 PM , Blogger Jackie said...

Thank ladies for all of your responses! And thanks for stopping by!

 
At August 21, 2010 at 8:38 PM , Blogger Mayra said...

I blog to share and to network. There's always something we can learn from one another. I read all sorts of blogs; fashion,motherhood,design,humor,etc.. I love that there are so many perspectives and if you have one of your own, why not share it?

It is hard work but you have to do it because you love it and for you. Eventually it will pay off. =]

 
At August 24, 2010 at 9:12 AM , Blogger Kelsey said...

Blogging is a wonderful way to connect with the "outside" world, when so often the days are consumed by toddler mayhem. Like you, I've connected with so many beautiful women and mothers, and they're constantly inspiring me to keep moving forward.

Like you. Four kids? Working full time? AND writing? Bravo woman.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home