With Just a Bit of Magic

has been moved to new address

http://www.withjustabitofmagic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

With Just a Bit of Magic: Another Bad Mom Moment....

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Another Bad Mom Moment....

So, needless to say I won't be getting the Mom of the Year Award anytime soon! I seem to have these moments every now and again. And they're more often than I'd like them.

Here's the story....

I work full time and my day starts at 5:30 am and usually ends around 9pm when I finally get to sit down and relax. That's a long damn day! This past week at work has been one challenge after another and more meetings then necessary! There were interruptions, changes to priorities, and confusion added to my projects. Honestly it sucked.

Today wasn't the best day. With the holiday weekend coming up we're planning on going camping for the weekend which adds a bit more work for me which isn't to bad since the camper doesn't get fully unpacked till the end of the season. This was supposed to be a family thing. Today my daughter calls and says she wants to go up north with her friend and that she really wants to go because she hasn't been able to do anything with this friend all summer. I understand. Really I do. When I was her age I would have rather gone with a friend instead of my parents too. But it kind of upset me because I was hoping for a nice weekend with the whole family.

With all the frustration I ended up taking it out on my daughter. I snapped at her and wasn't very nice. And it all came up before I knew it and then it was to late. I feel horrible. I tried to talk to her. I tried to apologize. But she was mad/upset with me and didn't want much to do with me.

I have to get better at not taking my frustrations out on my kids. They don't deserve it. They didn't do anything wrong (ok... sometimes they do) and it isn't fair to them.

The question is how do I do this? What can I do to change things so I don't take my frustration out on them? I suppose that like any change that you make in your life it takes time and effort.

Wish me luck! And maybe someday I will get that Mom of the Year Award!!







Labels: , ,

7 Comments:

At September 2, 2010 at 10:29 PM , Anonymous Barb said...

I have done it. What parent hasn't? It sucks no doubt and I know that crappy guilty feeling. But whats done is done and now just give her a little time and then talk about it.
I have been trying really hard to seperate my stressful BS from my kids. Because it just adds to your stress when you go off on them. As far as her wanting to hang with her friends...thats a hard one! Im not there yet. Good luck Jackie. Dont beat yourself up.

 
At September 2, 2010 at 10:40 PM , Blogger Jackie said...

Thank you! Hopefully things will be better tomorrow!

 
At September 3, 2010 at 12:42 AM , Blogger Erin said...

Aww don't worry, your daughter will forgive you. Tomorrow will be different, can't always promis it will be better but it will be different!

 
At September 3, 2010 at 6:06 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

It happens to all of us.. I do the something and I feel horrible after.. Try to relax and have fun if u are still going camping

 
At September 4, 2010 at 12:16 AM , Blogger Mommyfriend Lori said...

Aww hugs! We have all been there, hope things are looking up and you have a wonderful holiday weekend!

 
At September 4, 2010 at 4:05 PM , Blogger Melissa B. said...

Welcome to the club! Don't worry...the kids will forgive you. Trust me. Been there, done that!!

 
At September 9, 2010 at 8:25 AM , Blogger Me said...

Don't feel bad! I've gotten that mom of the year award on more than one occasion.

Michelle

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home