With Just a Bit of Magic

has been moved to new address

http://www.withjustabitofmagic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

With Just a Bit of Magic: They're alive! Really, they are!!

Wednesday, August 18, 2010

They're alive! Really, they are!!

KnuffelsImage via WikipediaIt's that time of week again! Mama Kat's Writers Workshop!! I really think that this is my favorite day of the week!

This week the choice was easy. I decided to write about the things you oddly obsessed about as a child.

When I was a child I had lots of dolls, stuffed animals, Barbies, and what not. But then again what child didn't! They were all in my room where I played with them day in and day out, sometimes alone and sometimes with my friends or my little sister. 

At night things changed though. Everything was different. I truly believed that all of my toys came to life. And I'm pretty sure that Pixar mined my brain for the idea for the Toy Story movies! But that aside, the toys in my room were real, alive, and had a life their own. I would talk to them as if they were real people and cared for them in the same way. I was careful with them... okay, that part may be a bit of the truth being stretched. I was a kid after all!

Because the toys were alive I knew that I had to treat them nicely! They would get upset or I'd hurt their feelings. And then if that happened I'd be upset too.

The imagination of a child is incredibly amazing. We think of anything and everything, we believe almost anything. As a child we want to believe everything. As children we don't discount anything as impossible and why should it be? Given time anything is possible!

To this day I let my children believe what they want, because who am I to crush their dreams & hopes and tell them what they believe isn't real? They're only children once and I saw let them enjoy it while they can.


Just remember your toys can come alive at night too!








Mama's Losin' It
Enhanced by Zemanta

Labels: ,

6 Comments:

At August 19, 2010 at 8:53 AM , Anonymous gaelikaa said...

I had a similar type of exerience to tell you the truth....lovely post, well done!

 
At August 19, 2010 at 9:29 AM , Blogger Pumpkin Delight (Kimberly) said...

Ha ha ha! That is so cute. Great post.

stopped by from mama kats

 
At August 19, 2010 at 12:46 PM , Blogger Angelia Sims said...

Oh yeah! Love that imagination and just think you could have had a blockbuster (or created Barney-ha). :-)

I loved my animals too and often dreamed they were in different spots the next day. It's great to see you letting your kids imagination run wild. With all the videos and games, we need more old school creative thinking.

Great post!

Stopping by from Mamakats.

 
At August 19, 2010 at 2:25 PM , Blogger Jackie said...

Thank you!!!
My girls have a lot of dress of clothes and things like that and they play with them often. Sometimes they don't actually get dressed and just play dress up all day.
They also play with Barbies, LPS, and dolls often too even though we do have video games and stuff like that!

 
At August 19, 2010 at 2:44 PM , Blogger Alexandria said...

That is one of the most special things about childhood is the innocence they have. The way in their world they see everything through magical classes.

 
At August 19, 2010 at 5:02 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oh I totally felt the same way about my toys as a child I always made sure they had cool stuff to play with at night or were sitting by each other lol great post!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home