With Just a Bit of Magic

has been moved to new address

http://www.withjustabitofmagic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

With Just a Bit of Magic: Day 19 #31DBBB - It's my opinion... deal with it!!

Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Day 19 #31DBBB - It's my opinion... deal with it!!

Okay, first of all I am waayyy behind! But in my defense I was stuck. Seriously stuck! I had no idea what to write about for this task! What!?!? Really.. stuck on this one... I know, I know. The husband kind of laughed and said that it's be easy for me since I have an opinion. And he's mostly true, I do have a lot of opinions but what to write about was the issue. How do I pick something to talk about that'd be some what interesting. So, today I was reading a post by our own Aunt Becky about why she does what she does (I have a post for that too!) and she inspired me! I finally thought of something. It's nothing life changing and it won't help the world or anything like that. But it's something that bugs me and I have thoughts about it. So sit back and listen!

Reality television shows appear to be all the rage now and days. Every single channel on the T.V. has their own reality show.... or two... or three. And why? I have no frickin' idea! It really is truly annoying.

Now, if you can't tell I do not like reality T.V. shows at all. I don't see the point. Honestly, they're similar to wrestling. They're both fake. Totally 100%, without a doubt scripted. And you naysayers are sitting there saying, 'No, it's all true... come on!' Nope. Sorry to say it's not. There is no way that any of that could not be scripted because real life is nothing like that, not at all.

I avoid watching them at all costs. I watch T.V. to escape from reality and to be entertained by some 30 minute comedy that lacks the "reality" drama. I want to watch something that I don't need to follow on a daily basis, because some of them seem to be on every damn day! I have 4 kids and don't have that kind of time to devote to some silly "reality" show. 

So there's my opinion like it or not. 


Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At August 17, 2010 at 4:15 PM , Anonymous Jessica said...

So funny! We were watching a show on True TV last night (I think it was Operation Repo) and my husband really believes this junk is real. I busted his bubble since I commented that it must be scripted. I mean seriously, people do not act like that in real life. LOL!

 
At August 17, 2010 at 6:18 PM , Anonymous melissa said...

While I so totally agree with you on the fakeness of it. I still can't help myself... I love survivor,big brother, American Idol and a couple of the real house wives shows. I watch tv to unwind too and these shows are mind numbing show's to watch that don't require much brain power to watch. that's what I need at the end of the day.

 
At August 18, 2010 at 11:21 AM , Blogger Jackie said...

I must admit that I have watched American Idol once in a while because my kids wanted to watch it. Usually at the beginning when they have all the awful people who can't really sing on there!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home