With Just a Bit of Magic

has been moved to new address

http://www.withjustabitofmagic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

With Just a Bit of Magic: My Kids & their Baby Blues

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

My Kids & their Baby Blues

The most unbelievable blue eyes you've ever seen...

I think doing these writing workshops have to be my favorite thing to do!  So setting aside all of the tasks that are building up for the #31DBBB I'm here writing from one of Mama Kat's prompts.

When I think of the prompt that I chose I think how many people are going to write about their kids, that one guy, their husband, or something else. For me the first thing that came to my mind was my kids. Honestly, I don't spend much time gazing at people's eyes! That'd be pretty damn creepy!

My children are amazing creatures. They can be funny, loving, intense, annoying, and challenging all at the same time. There are times I wonder if I'm totally screwing them up or if they'll be well adjusted adults. Guess time will tell!

There is one thing that my children all have in common, and that's the amazing large, blue eyes. And I love it. Each of them has a slightly different shade than the others too and in this respect a bit different.




My oldest, Caitlin, has always had these BIG blue eyes. They're a bright blue and really stand out in contrast to her dark hair and skin.













Natalie is my little blue eyed blond baby. She's the only one who has blond hair, although the jury is still out on what color Andrew's will be. Her's are a light, crisp blue.


Now, Lauren looks similar to her older sister Caitlin in that they have the same skin coloring and hair color. But her eyes are a blue-gray color that seem to change depending on the weather.




My youngest is Andrew and the baby of the family (really he is... he's only 6 months old). By now his eyes would have changed colors if they were going to and I'm happy to say that they stayed blue! He has such a serious look for someone so small.





Of course they got those amazing blue eyes from me! 











Mama's Losin' It

Labels: ,

10 Comments:

At August 11, 2010 at 8:37 AM , Blogger Lynda said...

Oh, what gorgeous children you have!

My husband has brown eyes and I'm doubting he has a recessive gene, so all my kids are destined for brown eyes.

 
At August 11, 2010 at 9:22 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Reminds me of the song my mom used to sing to me. Of course she reversed the order of the colors because I actually have brown instead of blue eyes!
Beautiful, beautiful blue eyes.
Beautiful, beautiful blue eyes.
Beautiful, beautiful blue eyes.
I'll never love brown eyes again!

 
At August 11, 2010 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Shrine Readers said...

How fun to see pics of your children. They are beautiful!

 
At August 11, 2010 at 10:44 AM , Blogger KatBouska said...

They are all so pretty!!! I always marvel at blue eyes beauties. My little Hawaiian babies are so dark! So it's strange to switch things up sometimes and look into the bright blues of other babies. :) Thanks for sharing and it makes my day that you love the workshops! I always feel bad that I don't get around to visit as many as I'd like!

 
At August 11, 2010 at 3:39 PM , Blogger Jackie said...

Thank you everyone! I kinda like 'em too! :)

 
At August 12, 2010 at 9:14 AM , Blogger Kristina Churchill said...

The eyes have it! You have beautiful children!

-kristina-

www.katynikitachurchill.blogspot.com

 
At August 12, 2010 at 2:59 PM , Anonymous Funkidivagirl said...

Beautiful children!

I don't know Lynda...my daughter was born with blue eyes (turned green) and both my husband and I have brown eyes; it could happen.

 
At August 13, 2010 at 9:01 PM , Blogger Jenners said...

I agree with you .. it would be weird if anyone other than someone you know came to mind with this question! They are all so lovely -- and with those wonderful baby blues!

 
At August 26, 2010 at 9:00 PM , Anonymous Natalie Park said...

mine changed actually..they are a little greener..and paler i think

 
At September 2, 2010 at 5:33 PM , Blogger Leah said...

Beautiful blue eye babes! Just discovered your blog via Welcome Wednesday. Following!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home