With Just a Bit of Magic

has been moved to new address

http://www.withjustabitofmagic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

With Just a Bit of Magic: A Long Drive Through Scottish Countryside

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

A Long Drive Through Scottish Countryside

Well, it's that time again kiddies! It's my weekly Writer's Workshop post via Mama Kat and this week there are a few choices that I've been pondering since getting the email this morning. But eventually the decision was made and here it is.

A long drive...

It was an unusually warm, and sunny day as we set out early in the morning for a long drive through the Scottish countryside. It was our first day out and we wanted to make the most of the day and the wonderful weather. I was excited to say the least and it was like a dream come true to be there. We had our map, a general idea of the things we wanted to see, and a car with a tank full of gas.

It didn't take us long to see why people came to photograph the beautiful countryside. It was amazing! Rolling green hills, pastures dotted with cows, farms, and cottages with thatched roofs.

Occasionally, we would pass through a small village and stop to wander the streets and shops. People were very friendly, warm, and inviting. It left me wondering if I ever wanted to go back home. By the time we were in the second village we had found a pub to have lunch in and by far it was the best lunch I had in a while. Home cooked food is always the best! They had fresh, local vegetables, pies, and breads.

The day continued at a slow pace stopping when we felt like it, checking out villages, castles, and whatever caught our attention as we drove. By the time we returned to our hotel we had a camera full of pictures and memories to last a lifetime.

Okay, pretty good, huh? Now if it were only true! Yes....yes, I made it all up.

 Someday I would love to travel to Scotland or even Ireland and spend a couple weeks traveling the countryside and enjoying all that they have to offer. They're beautiful countries, with rich history that's just waiting to be explored and discovered by someone new all the time.

Who knows... I may take that long drive one day and tell you all about it first hand and include all of those amazing photo's that I would take.

Thank you again, Mama Kat for the Writer's Workshops! They're a lot of fun and help me find new and interesting things to blog about!

Mama's Losin' It

Labels:

4 Comments:

At August 3, 2010 at 6:54 PM , Blogger Shrine Readers said...

I'm Irish and Scottish so I loved your dreamy tale. :) I've been to Ireland...gorgeous! And would love to go back and of course would love to visit Scotland too. One of my brothers just returned from a business trip to Scotland (Seriously,I'm in the wrong line of work!) and he got to tour the city and the church where my grandparents were married. Cool.

 
At August 3, 2010 at 7:41 PM , Blogger Jackie said...

Thank you! My family is Scottish as well and they embrace it! Often wearing kilts of the family tartan and everything!

I'm in the wrong line of work too! Also, I think I need to wait till my youngest is a bit older! It's a challenge to go shopping w/a baby... I'm sure traveling overseas will be tragic!

 
At August 5, 2010 at 7:06 AM , Blogger Betsy said...

That sounds idealic. Now I want to go!

 
At August 5, 2010 at 12:13 PM , Blogger Farah Jasmine said...

It's so gorgeous there and I can't wait to go again. I hope you get to go someday!


A Long Drive

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home