With Just a Bit of Magic

has been moved to new address

http://www.withjustabitofmagic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

With Just a Bit of Magic: The Best Recipe Blogs

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

The Best Recipe Blogs

I love cooking & baking. Even more than that I love eating and I swear it's amazing that I'm not as big as a house! I'm no twig by any means though and am constantly working on losing weight and eating healthy.

I've been pondering some of the blogs that I visit on a regular basis for recipes and cooking related things. And there are a few that really stand out in my mind.

The first one is 101 Cookbooks and it's all about Heidi Swanson and her travels, life, and the recipes that come from that. All of her recipes are vegetarian and tend to use all natural, fresh ingredients. They're amazing recipes and I've made so many of them! Now, I should mention that I'm not a vegetarian, but her recipes are easy to add fresh fish, shrimp, chicken, or other meat to.

The next one I'd recommend is Simply Recipes. This food & recipe blog is written by Elise Bauer and has some of the best recipes and some great comfort food! One of my favorites has to be the Banana Bread. It's made with one bowl, no mixer, and the simplest ingredients that you can almost memorize the recipe. My kids and I have made this at least a dozen times and have added different things (sour cream, cream cheese, applesauce, etc) or just made it the way the recipe as it's written. I often buy extra bananas just so we can make the bread!

My final blog is a favorite because it's all about baking. And if nothing else I LOVE to bake! If I could I'd open a bakery and have wonderful cakes, pies, cookies, breads, and everything in between. Not So Humble Pie  is written by Ms. Humble and she creates some yummy looking baked goods! I haven't been following this blog all that long since I only recently learned about it from a co-worker. My kids have loved going through the blog to point out all the things we need to make and enjoying the cool science cookies and then planning on what kind we'll decorate and submit!

There are several more blogs that I read that are food related, but these are my favorites. I hope that you enjoy them! 

Now tell me what food blogs do you read?

Labels:

3 Comments:

At July 28, 2010 at 12:02 PM , Anonymous Yoly @ YNR Live said...

Saw your post on the #31DBBB stream and had to "run" to read on. Cooking is one of my passions and found a new blog to follow. Thank you for your recommendations.

 
At July 28, 2010 at 1:44 PM , Blogger Cynthia said...

You are not the only one it took awhile to post task #7 on #31DBBB. I was right behind you. Off to check out your recipe links.

 
At July 28, 2010 at 2:21 PM , Blogger Jackie said...

Thank you both!!

Now all I have to do is start on #8 & 9 for the #31DBBB!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home