With Just a Bit of Magic

has been moved to new address

http://www.withjustabitofmagic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

With Just a Bit of Magic: Why I'm not going to BlogHer10

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Why I'm not going to BlogHer10

Ok, so by now most everyone knows that the BlogHer conference is going to be in full swing starting tomorrow and it's going to be in the exciting, fun filled NYC.

And by now you also know that I won't be attending. Of course a lot of other people won't be attending either. And that's because we're all to awesome! Because I'm not going I thought that I'd join the BlogHer Pity Party that Life Without Pink (Tina) and Mommy Friend (Lori) are having. I'm positive that it'll be a lot more fun!

Here are a few reasons that I wish I was going....

1. An excuse to go shopping - before the conference and while there!
2. It's in NYC
3. My sister lives close in NJ so I could visit her
4. I'd get to meet a lot of bloggers that I love reading
5. Free Swag!
6. Doing something fun with adults instead of my kids
7. Networking

And few why I'm not going...

1. I just started my blog in May - nobody knows who the hell I am!
2. The husband would laugh - see my first reason
3. The kids - if you have some you know why
4. I actually have to go to work :(
5. Being scared that I won't know anyone and will just sit there alone and people watch
6. The trip isn't cheap!

I'm sure that I could go on and on and on, but you don't really want to read my lengthy lists, right?

So for now I'll be at home or at work watching the Tweets fly through the Twittersphere from those attending BlogHer and maybe next year I'll be more established and have a buddy to go with!

Are you going? Better yet... are you joining the Pity Party?

10 Comments:

At August 4, 2010 at 3:55 PM , Blogger Life Without Pink said...

Thanks for joining us!! I have all of the same fears you do...I think I would be way too overwhelmed!

 
At August 4, 2010 at 5:44 PM , Anonymous Sara @ The Football Wife said...

I like the new blog header! I am going to BlogHer, but I don't know anyone there and while I've been blogging for over a year I doubt anyone knows me either!! I'm going alone (crazy!) and staying with three bloggers that I met online. There are lots of newbie things to get people meeting -- you should consider it for next year. :) Have fun at the pity party.

 
At August 5, 2010 at 12:25 AM , Blogger Mom2zqb said...

I'm not going either! I share some of your fears as well. I've been a SAHM for so long that social events get to be too much quickly!

 
At August 5, 2010 at 9:32 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I found about it late too. I started in March. :(

Jenny
http://babblingsofamommy.blogspot.com

 
At August 5, 2010 at 11:25 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

I would only go if I has a sponsor and since I was too busy to solicit one...no go! I don't feel like I am missing out. Big conferences care me. LOL! Besides that is the week before my daughter's 1st birthday. I need that time to prepare for her party.

Thanks for your comment on my writing prompt today!

 
At August 5, 2010 at 1:49 PM , Blogger Jackie said...

I think that it'd be great to be able to go and meet new people even though I know I'd be scared as hell! And constantly worry how I looked!

But I think that if you went w/a friend(s) that it'd help a great deal!

 
At August 5, 2010 at 3:04 PM , Blogger Asashia said...

Your list of why not is mine as well! I'm going to enjoy my time at home and maybe if I'm up to it, I'll go next year! Let's enjoy our weekend anyhow!
Thanks for stopping by!

 
At August 6, 2010 at 1:13 PM , Anonymous Jessica said...

I was supposed to be going to BlogHer, did all my research and applied for a volunteer spot. I was actually accepted which meant my conference would be paid in full (not the airfare, hotel accommodations, etc.). Once I did the math (your #6 on why you're not going), there was no way it was happening (the name of my blog is the "unemployed" mom). It was either BlogHer or a family vacation, and being the unselfish mom that I am...I opted for the family vacation.

So, next year I'll hope to make it to San Diego (just announced as the location for BlogHer 11).

BTW, your blog looks great! Love the new look!

 
At August 6, 2010 at 1:17 PM , Blogger Jackie said...

Thank you!! There are a couple bugs to work out yet. But they're proving to be a challenge!

I'd like to go next year, but I was really hoping that it'd be much closer! Guess I'll see how things go.

 
At August 6, 2010 at 2:29 PM , Anonymous Dee said...

I joined the BlogHer pity party too... but I knew about BlogHer awhile ago but knew I could not attend. S'okay! We went on a family vacation and have a kiddo aspiring some major personal goals this year.

Take care and have fun with your blog! LOVE the color!
Dee

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home