With Just a Bit of Magic

has been moved to new address

http://www.withjustabitofmagic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

With Just a Bit of Magic: 31 Days to a Better Blog

Monday, July 19, 2010

31 Days to a Better Blog

Recently (like today), I joined the ProBlogger's 31DBBB! You should too if you have a blog!

The first email that I got was a list of 4 things to do to get ready while waiting for the day 1 email with the daily task. So far I've got the first 3 things done and they were much easier than I expected!

1. Join the forum - super easy! I mean how hard could this be... fill in a simple form with your name & email address. Log in and post a note about yourself.
2. Install a metrics program - sorta easy.... I installed Google Analytics and there are many sites out there that tell you exactly how to do it. Some even with pictures! My first try didn't work and I'm not sure why, but the second time was a success! It also told me what I already know.... I have very few readers. I'm going to change that though!
3. Invite friends - Done! And the easiest task by far! I'm hoping that they join too so I have someone to work on this with.
4. SWOT analysis of my blog - this one is going to take some time. Maybe more time than I think and a great deal of thought. I may have to hide somewhere in the house tonight finish it!

Well, wish me luck! I hope to have an amazing blog after this adventure!

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At July 19, 2010 at 7:25 PM , Blogger Peek at My Paper said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Good luck writing your Elevator Pitch. It is challenging for sure.
Mmm - gonna have to try out your chocolate chip cookie recipe. Your cookies turned out so perfect
and
I love chocolate chip cookies!
:)
stop by again sometime,
Brenda

 
At August 2, 2010 at 3:36 PM , Blogger Sunny said...

I hopped over from Blog Frog. I have seen the term 31DBBB on Blog Frog but never did see and explanation of it. This is the first I understood what is happening. I decided to at least look at the link and see if I want to try that too.

 
At August 2, 2010 at 3:57 PM , Blogger Jackie said...

It's been really helpful for me since I just started my blog. It's given me a bit of direction on how to build readership and develop a good purpose for my blog.
It's been a lot of work and sometimes I fall behind, but the best part is that you can do it at your own pace and catch up when you can. Right now I'm a couple of days behind... what can ya expect with 4 kids and working full time!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home