With Just a Bit of Magic

has been moved to new address

http://www.withjustabitofmagic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

With Just a Bit of Magic: Day 1 - My Elevator Pitch

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Day 1 - My Elevator Pitch

So today is the first day of the Building a Better Blog Challenge for me and today's task is to develop a elevator pitch for my blog.

What is an elevator pitch you ask...
An elevator pitch is an overview of an idea for a product, service, or project. The name reflects the fact that an elevator pitch should be possible to deliver in the time span of an elevator ride, meaning in a maximum of 30 seconds and in 130 words or fewer.
- Wikipedia

You could also think of it as a mission statement or the point of your blog. It gives readers something to think about and prompts them ask questions about your blog.

I've been pondering this all day, trying to figure out what I want it to be and how to best write it in as few words as possible. This should be easy for me since I write these often for the projects that I work on everyday at work. But for some reason the work elevator pitches seem so much easier than this one and I have no idea why.

So, here it is.

The short ride to the third floor:
My Kids. Work. New Recipes. My Life.

The ride to the penthouse suite:
Life is full of surprises, twists, and turns! You may as well enjoy the ride! I'm a mom to 4 (14, 10, 8, and 5 months), a wife (to my 5th child sometimes), and I work full time and it takes a bit of magic to keep my sanity & things running at my house. You may find things here about family, kids, work, cooking, or just about anything. It's my life.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At July 21, 2010 at 12:47 PM , Blogger C. McKane said...

Hi Jackie!

Great job and I know the pitches get me too. Especially the long ones.

Just curious what if you took "and I" out of your second sentence?

"I'm a mom to 4 (14, 10, 8, and 5 months), a wife (to my 5th child sometimes), work full time and it takes a bit of magic to keep my sanity & things running at my house."

How do you keep the sanity?! Doing the #31DBBB challenge on my fictional character site which really needs it.

See you at SITS

 
At July 21, 2010 at 1:29 PM , Blogger Jackie said...

It makes the sentence flow a lot better!

Sanity.... well it's hard that's for sure! Sometimes I swear I'm on the edge of losing what sanity I do have!

 
At July 21, 2010 at 2:31 PM , Anonymous Katie @ Handmade Silver Jewelry said...

A mom to 4? Wow, you must be busy!! I'm visiting from 31DBBB, although I'm a little late into Day 1. Your chocolate chip cookies from your earlier post made me hungry, so I thought this post without food would be better for me (my husband and I have a bet on losing weight...i can't lose to him!)
Good luck with the challenge, and I'm sure I'll see you around!

 
At July 21, 2010 at 2:43 PM , Blogger Jackie said...

Yes! Very busy! But I enjoy it really even though there are days that can be pretty tough!

The cookies are amazing!! Make the cookies, share one and then give the rest away!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home