With Just a Bit of Magic

has been moved to new address

http://www.withjustabitofmagic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

With Just a Bit of Magic: The Chocolate Chip Cookie Experiment - Part 1

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Chocolate Chip Cookie Experiment - Part 1

I should start out by saying that I LOVE chocolate chip cookies! All buttery, chocolately, crisp on the outside, and soft on the inside. Even better when they're still a bit warm from the oven! Yum! And I don't know anyone who doesn't like chocolate chip cookies.

Recently I was watching Throwdown with Bobby Flay and he challenged Pam Weekes and Connie McDonald, the owners of Levain Bakery in NYC. They make these amazing chocolate chip cookies that are huge, fluffy, and gooey on the inside! Now, considering that I live in Michigan I haven't had the time to run out and get a few (although I could order online).

Now, this is where the experimenting comes in. I bake... a lot. Probably to much sometimes really. I figure that I can come up with a recipe that's similar to theirs and almost as good. I'm going to start working on a recipe that will be the "one" this week!

Wish me luck! I'll post the results of my experiment soon.

2 Comments:

At July 8, 2010 at 10:51 AM , Anonymous Jessica said...

Oh wow, that sounds awesome! If I lived closer, I'd love to be a cookie taster! :) That was a great throw down episode. My husband and I already plan to visit Levain Bakery on our next trip to NYC!

 
At July 9, 2010 at 3:43 PM , Anonymous Barb said...

I'm newly gluten free thanks to some major stomach "issues". I just made Betty Crocker's gluten free cookies and they are so good! I'm so happy to have found something that resembles the real thing! Enjoy yours!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home