With Just a Bit of Magic

has been moved to new address

http://www.withjustabitofmagic.com

Sorry for inconvenience...

With Just a Bit of Magic: Dinner & Dessert instead of Chocolate Chip Cookies

Friday, July 9, 2010

Dinner & Dessert instead of Chocolate Chip Cookies

My plan today was to start on the chocolate chip cookies. So, I got the rest of the items I needed from the grocery store, came home, and started gathering the rest of the ingredients but I couldn't find the flour. I knew I had some but had no idea where in the world it went. Besides... who in the world would have used it besides me? Finally I found it. The bag had maybe 1 or 2 cups, if I was lucky, left in it. Not enough for cookies.

Instead I made dinner and dessert (which is in the oven... Yes, I know it's after 10pm and Andrew gets up at the crack of dawn).

Dinner was really good! Here's the basic recipe.

1 c Quinoa cooked in 2 c chicken stock
1 Red bell pepper chopped
1/2 English cucumber chopped
1/2 Onion - I used a sweet one. Use whatever you want
Shrimp

Dressed with olive oil & fresh squeezed lemon juice, salt, pepper, & garlic.
Garnished with sliced green onions

I think that you could add fresh herbs or other veggies if you wanted.

Now, dessert is a homemade peach cobbler via a Paula Deen recipe and I used baking mix instead of flour (why... b/c I'm out!). Let's hope that it turns out!

On a side note, the husband did not like dinner... to healthy, to many veggies, and he doesn't like lemon. Oh well, I can't win 'em all! I know that dessert will be a huge hit!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home